Substance Abuse Treatment Unit of Central Iowa (SATUCI) is committed to providing services to people with substance related disorders that are consistent with best practices, appreciative of client self-determination and placing an emphasis on simultaneous treatment of the co-occurrence of mental health, and gambling, and physical health conditions either through agency provision or coordination with other providers.
SATUCI COVID-19 Update
As you are aware, SATUCI offices have been temporarily closed due to COVID 19 and will reopen for face-to-face client appointments on July 1. When you come to the office for your appointment, you will be asked to adhere to the following guidelines:
- All clients will be expected to wear a mask when entering the building. If you do not have a mask, ask the front desk and a disposable mask will be furnished to you.
- Upon leaving the building, face masks need to be disposed of in the waste basket labeled “FACE MASK DISPOSAL ONLY” located in the lobby area.
- Please do not bring family or friends in the building with you, if you have someone driving you to your appointment they must wait outside of the building.
- If you come early to your appointment, please remain in your car or outside the building until time to meet.
- A poster with COVID symptoms is posted on the entrance doors for you to review. If you are running a fever, have COVID symptoms, have been diagnosed, or have been around another individual who has been diagnosed with COVID you will need to reschedule your appointment.
Please notify the office if you want to reschedule.
Thank you for your patience during these difficult times. We look forward to providing continued services to you and or your family members. Please stay safe and healthy.
SATUCI, Executive Director
Satellite Offices Update
The Hardin County office in Eldora will be opening up on Thursday, June 11th. The Tama County office in Toledo will be opening up on Thursday, June 25th. The Poweshiek County office in Grinnell will be opening up on Monday, June 29th. Any questions, please contact the front desk at (641) 752-5421.
Hy-Vee Resusable Bags
SATUCI has been selected for the Hy-Vee reusable bag program for the month of June! SATUCI will receive $1 for every reusable red bag that is sold in the month of June. You can get your bag at Hy-Vee or Hy-Vee Drugstore and help support SATUCI!
July’s DUI/OWI class is being held on July 10th & 11th and will be held via Zoom due to COVID-19. Call (641) 752-5421 for more information. This is an approved class for the DOT.
*All future DUI/OWI classes will be held via Zoom until further notice.
Substance Use Disorder & COVID-19
What people with a substance use disorder need to know about COVID-19. Please visit this website.
Surveys for Clients (for current clients only!)
ALL groups at SATUCI are cancelled temporarily until further notice. Counselors are still available for individual sessions. Any questions, please contact the front desk at (641) 752-5421.
No Show Policy is currently suspended until further notice
If you are over 18 please fill out this form prior to being seen for your evaluation.
If you are under 18 please fill out this form prior to being seen for your evaluation.