Access to Recovery (ATR) is a program that helps people by supporting their efforts in maintaining recovery. Individuals are provided vouchers for the purchase of services to support their healthy choices and to increase the availability of faith-based and community-based providers.
Examples of covered services include:
- Assistance with gas and transportation costs
- Clothes for job interviews and/or job requirements
- Supplemental needs/wellness
Requirements for the program are:
- The individual should be an active participant in a treatment process or self-help effort with regular attendance. Individuals must complete an Access to Recovery assessment with an ATR specialist to determine eligibility and to assess appropriate services.
- Participants must meet the financial eligibility for the program.
ATR is a five-year grant funded program funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA), Center for Substance Abuse Treatment.